Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Mike Naso Interview

Akno21: In a district that elected a staunch liberal, Al, by a overwhelming margin, why can you win?
Mike Naso: I am attractive towards moderates, and I know this race will be down to the wire despite what some think. I know I am going to win, and I am confident.
Akno21: How are you attractive towards moderates?
Mike Naso: If moderates had to choose between a liberal from Michigan, or a moderate Republican, most moderates would, and will vote for me. And by the way, I know for a fact I am appealing to democrats, moderates, liberals, and conservatives.
Akno21: on what issues are you moderate?
Mike Naso: Abortion, I support it except in the case of rape or incest. I want some longer cooling off periods for buying weapons.
Akno21: You are opposed to abortion in cases of rape or incest?
Mike Naso: Yes
Akno21: Ok, next question
Mike Naso: ok
Akno21: Do you feel you have become a running joke?
Akno21: with all the "vigor and decisiveness"
Mike Naso: No, and I wish people would stop looking at my running that way. I am really running, I really want to get things done in the senate. I want longer cooling off periods, I want to propose new legislation, I want lower income taxes for all in District 3, and the people with the lowest income will get the most relief. I plan on being senator and a damn good one at that.
Akno21: What legislation would you like to propose?
Mike Naso: I would like to edit some of Statesright's legislation on the weapons act, I will propose legislation for lower income taxes for District 3, and I plan on proposing more ideas that come to mind.
Akno21: Cut income taxes only for D3, or for all of Atlasia?
Mike Naso: You need to start with District 3, and steadily spread through out all of Atlasia.
Akno21: If you cut the government's income, what spending will you cut?
Mike Naso: Look, lower income taxes for people of District 3 and then all of Atlasia will cause small business and corporations to invest more, and build more, which, in times of a weak economy, would help the economy for all of Atlasia.
Akno21: but how do you pay for domestic programs now without increasing the deficit?
Mike Naso: Look, I know that my plans seem a little off. But, giving the economy a second wind will make our deficit go away, and give us at least some surplus.
Akno21: Fair enough
Akno21: Earlier, you mention liberals support you. Which ones?
Mike Naso: Well, i do not think it is right to give out the names of voters.
Mike Naso: Now, I know what some will do.
Mike Naso: They will spin that to I HAVE NO VOTERS.
Akno21: Why will liberals abandon a "liberal" such as Nym?
Mike Naso: But I do, I just do not think revealing their name is alright.
Akno21: Fair enough
Mike Naso: Nym has not been as active as a Senator should be. He has not campaigned, which all but says he does not care.
Akno21: How do you answer charges that you have been the subject of patronage appointments?
Mike Naso: Look, I am a straight shooter, which I think voters will appreciate. I have held positions as Sec of Senate, Liaison to VP Supersoulty, and I have worked hard as Chief of Staff.
Akno21: Do you feel you have been cheated out of several positions?
Mike Naso: No.
Akno21: Final question, do you believe your threats/actions against Senator StatesRights in the teamspeak chat room were appropriate?
Mike Naso: No, and I have nothing against Statesrights, and it was all for fun.
Akno21: Thanks for your time.
Mike Naso: Sure thing.
Mike Naso: Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home